Monday, March 02, 2009

The Big Spanish Surprise



So let me start catching up here...Doesn't he look surprised? Well, he should...because three of us came from the US to Vigo, Spain this summer to this restaurant for a lunchtime surprise on the eve of his 55th wedding anniversary. (I asked him to look surprised for this...) It's a miracle that I could even manage to speak, I was so jet-lagged by the time we got from Mpls to Chicago, Chicago to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Madrid and then Madrid to Vigo.... a miracle that we made it in perfect time, too!



His fetching sweetheart is the one on the left in the black and white top. The Surprise Accomplice is the one on the right with her hand on her hip, which is the pose most all Surprise Accomplices have when photographed. You may have seen her before in other posts.







The gardens were amazing and the people were so very friendly and conversational. A trip to this area would be made better by a stay at the Casa Da Reina. Olga and Severino were exceptional hosts for this surprise.
















This place was absolutely gorgeous. The handiwork, gardening and masonry was done by Severino and Olga, the owners. You could feel their passion in all that you looked at there.



















This is where I was hiding for my part of the surprise...since this was a restaurant, my pals came in as waitstaff at first, serving the wine and the bread. I can in later with something that had been asked for a month prior to the trip itself. I'd forgotten to send it, so was claiming that I had to track them down with it.








Really, it's a testamonial to good secret-keeping... Truly, this was a great event for the fact that everyone kept their mouths shut as we planned and plotted.

Excellent work, my friends, simply excellent!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home