Wednesday, August 12, 2009

86 Spindles


Next step completed...and take a look at the wood grain, wood ya?

It smells fabulous.(I've always wanted to be a gerbil or a hamster because they are surrounded by that cedar smell all their lives...well, unless they are neglected and then they get to smell pee. Not good) But it looks great and I can't wait to see it holding up my railings and that glass of celebration wine I'm having along with something grilled. Yup.


There's nothing I like better than to open my garage door and share my good works with the neighbors in the alley. Put the mitre saw on the tailgate and get (oh oh, I almost said "Git 'er dun!" but I'm not EVEN going to say that), get the saw dust everywhere.

I always instruct them to listen for the screaming and to have their phones close for that 911 call as I'm spurting arterial pulses out of the severed hand. Oh now...I didn't have to go there, did I? Well, no... but it could happen...that's why they call them accidents.

But really, if you have good neighbors, it makes living where you do all the better. (Actually, I think my neighbors fancy me something of a freak show, between the motorcycle, power tools and parade of different people who stop by...) You gotta give people something to talk about. Can't let the neighborhood get dull.


I just wish this was a scratch and sniff, so you could enjoy it along with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home