Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stairs


Yeah, so on one of the hottest days this summer, I decide to get out the power tools again and pull up the old stairs and put on the new ones.



Let's compare them...

And don't think those old brown things didn't fight to stay in place. I think they were green treated 2 X 12s, but they really wanted to stay where they were!


These boards were left over from the ends of the privacy panel. And when I put one on the stairs while I was cutting - to get it out of the way - it struck me that I could just keep using all this wood in other places. (Cuz I'M a tool-using primate...)

The bottom stair is going to be built out into a landing and I'll build down to the yard. In the spring, I get a lot of ice build-up there and between me and Mars rushing down the stairs to our next life's adventure, no one needs to be breaking a hip on the way...



My Project Supervisor's keeping her nose in everybody's bidness as this is all taking place...



...so we know what to do about that.



Of course! You start making fun of that nosey Supervisor Mars!



And she really doesn't seem to mind. Like a good Supervisor, she just blows it off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie DuRose said...

Gorgeous!! (I think you've earned the bourbon, hon. ;)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Latin Lupe Lu said...

What great dog pics! Fabulous! I want to lick her.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home